Oatmeal Spice Cake
- 1 C. quick oats
- 1 1/2 C. boiling water
- 1 stick (1/2 C.) butter
- 1 C. brown sugar
- 1 C. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 C. flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. each: cloves, allspice, ginger
- Add boiling water to quick oats; stir, cover, and allow to soak for about 20 minutes.
- Cream butter with brown and white sugar until fluffy.
- Beat eggs together and mix with sugar/butter.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to mixture; mix well.
- Add oatmeal; mix thoroughly.
- Place cake mix in a floured 9" x 13" cake pan. Place in an oven preheated to 350°F and bake for approximately 35 minutes.
If you want frosting, any type will do. I use this recipe.