Thursday, June 26, 2008

Now with cake!

A while back, someone I know of via the 'Net decided to quit smoking and posted a forum thread about it. Since any attempt at self-betterment deserves a reward, I baked a cake to show my support. (I also baked it because I really like cake.) I didn't have anywhere to put the recipe without risking hijacking the thread, so I caved and signed up for a blog so I'd have a storage space for the bits of data that don't fit anywhere else. Here's the recipe for the cake, in case someone actually wants to eat some of it.

Oatmeal Spice Cake
Ingredients:
  • 1 C. quick oats
  • 1 1/2 C. boiling water
  • 1 stick (1/2 C.) butter
  • 1 C. brown sugar
  • 1 C. white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/3 C. flour
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. each: cloves, allspice, ginger
Instructions:
  1. Add boiling water to quick oats; stir, cover, and allow to soak for about 20 minutes.
  2. Cream butter with brown and white sugar until fluffy.
  3. Beat eggs together and mix with sugar/butter.
  4. Sift dry ingredients together and add to mixture; mix well.
  5. Add oatmeal; mix thoroughly.
  6. Place cake mix in a floured 9" x 13" cake pan. Place in an oven preheated to 350°F and bake for approximately 35 minutes.

If you want frosting, any type will do. I use this recipe.

No comments: